Description of occupation:
– RC Cone is a photographer and filmmaker based in Big Sky, MT. When he was 18, RC moved from the flatlands to Big Sky Country and graduated from the University of Montana with a camera and a degree in Environmental Studies. He and his cameras have travelled around four continents and they dream everyday of new adventures.
– Big Sky, MT
– February 3 1984
What inspires you?
– The culture that surrounds the environment. Around the world, whether you’re a fly fisherman or a rancher – there’s a ton of shared interests. I love exploring those.
What is your go to Mountainsmith product?
– I have a Mountainsmith Wizard pack that I’ve had for 10+ years. It’s torn, dirty, smelly, has been around the world and it’s unimaginable to me to have to replace it. I never thought something as inanimate as a backpack could share so much experience.
What activities do you participate in?
– I spend my summers fly fishing and my winters getting silly, shreddin’ pow.
– We floated the entirety of Rock Creek a few years back at record high levels. Ducking bridges at speed, lean bars passing a few inches below. Dropped my favorite three weight into the drink, the only way to get off that rushing torrent to camp was to jump out, wrap a rope around a tree and swing the boat in. Couldn’t have been more fun.
Go to destination?
– I feel like I’m always trying to get back to Montana.
– I’ve worked with some awesome people: Patagonia, Orvis, Howler Brothers.