– Aside from my day job (sitting at a desk working with computer graphics for publishing and printing companies), I am a freelance writer and wannabe photographer/videographer.
– Littleton, CO
– March 17, 1974 (Someone pass me a Beamish Stout)
What inspires you?
– Since moving out to Colorado, the Rocky Mountains have been an inspiration. Every time I am able to go hiking I’m in awe at how small I am and how amazing it is that I get to explore this amazing region.
What is your go to Mountainsmith product?
– My go-to product is the Mountainsmith Scream backpack. I use it for everything from soccer and tee ball equipment, dayhiking, and stuffed into a bigger pack and used for day tripping. It’s just about the best pack I have ever owned.
Essential, non-essential camping gear?
– I was hiking the Weminuche Wilderness a couple of years ago. It was the last day of a six-day trip. Another hiker passed by and commented, “What is all that stuff on your pack?” Two fly rods, fly fising net, tripod, camera slider…she couldn’t even see everything I had inside my pack. So I have a lot of “essential” gear that I hike around with.
What activities do you participate in?
– When I’m not chasing trout, I enjoy hanging out with my family, assistant coaching tee ball and soccer, swimming, tennis, snowboarding and bowling.
– My favorite fly-fishing adventure was a few years ago when four of us went on a quest in search of golden trout in Colorado. It was by far the most difficult trip I have done, in some of the roughest terrain I have hiked. At the end of the day we found the gold we were looking for and had the best time with a great group of guys.
Go to destination?
– Every year I find a new favorite destination, it’s usually a couple hour hike and above 10,000 feet.
Tell us about your dream adventure:
– My dream adventure would have to be Iceland. I have been obsessed with the images and footage that has been coming out of there as of late, and I hope to make it a reality in the next couple of years.
If you had a superpower what would it be?
– My superpower would have to be flying. As much as I enjoy hiking, it would be much easier to fly around with 55 lbs. on my back rather than hiking with it.
Who makes the cut on your current playlist?
– On my Android I have Trampled By Turtles, The White Buffalo, R.L. Burnside, Eminem, Imagine Dragons, Awolnation, Mumford and Sons and Pearl Jam to name a few.
– I’ve been lucky enough to work with Orvis, Patagonia, Howler Brothers, Enlightened Equipment, GSI Outdoors, Clif Bar, Fishpond, ExOfficio and Umpqua